Planning A Weekend To Brighton Beach
Brighton beach and seafront are a must-see in the Sussex coast, south of England. It is where the people who love water sports, such as board paddling, kayaking and windsurfing, flock. It is also a family-friendly location where kids may enjoy their holiday playing on merry-go-rounds and experience catching fish at the Brighton Pier.
How to Get There
Brighton is reachable via all major London airports. From London Gatwick Airport, Brighton is about 30 minutes away. London Heathrow Airport is further and is approximately 90 minutes away from Brighton. Other airports accessible to Brighton are Southampton, Stansted and Luton Airports. From these airports, you may choose to pre-book a taxi online to ensure ease. All you need to do is provide the important details that include the passenger’s name, flight details, and payment information and then book a ride. Once the booking has been confirmed, your well-trained taxi driver will wait for you at the airport arrivals and take you straight to Brighton Beach.
When to Go
It is best to enjoy Brighton Beach between May to September during the height of England’s summer. Aside from the perfect time to have a tan, it is also when Brighton hosts the best festivals like the Brighton Fringe and The Great Escape.
Where to Stay
If you want to experience more of what Brighton Beach has to offer, it is best to book accommodation and stay for the whole weekend. Brighton offers a wide variety of seafront luxury hotels, cheap B&Bs, unique and funky boutique hotels, and seafront self-serving accommodations. Here are some of the best accommodations that you may want to check:
- Holiday Inn Brighton – Seafront: The hotel is situated directly on the beach road and offers rooms with the best beach views. You may also have a perfect dinner at their Lounge Bar and Restaurant where you have an amazing view of the sunset while enjoying your food.
- Sea Spray – Sea Spray is a one-of-kind hotel with 16 different themed rooms. You may choose to stay in a Moroccan room or experience romance in their Venice themed room. Sea Spray is also famous for their vegan and continental breakfasts.
- The Promenade – The Promenade is a self-catering cliff-top bungalow that is about 10 minutes away from the beach. It has 3 bedrooms, 2 sunrooms, and an outside terrace with the best beach view.
Where to Eat
Brighton is famous for its seafood restaurants as it is a city by the sea. You may choose from their basic yet most popular fish ‘n chips to the best-tasting oysters. Here are some of the restaurants in Brighton you may want to try:
- The Salt Room – This restaurant has one of the best views of Brighton Beach seafront. They serve almost all kinds of seafood like lobsters, oysters, seabass, and cuttlefish. You may also get to enjoy an afternoon tea or a glass of the best champagnes in the market while enjoying the view.
- Riddle & Finns – Riddle & Finns is famous for its candlelit oyster bar and open kitchen. This one-of-a-kind experience lets you see how your food is prepared and cooked by Brighton’s best chefs.
What to Bring
When you plan your trip to Brighton Beach, do not forget to pack your beach essentials. Aside from bringing an oversized beach towel and your best swimwear, make sure to include a high-SPF sunscreen and your sunglasses to protect your skin and eyes from the sun. Also, don’t forget to pack a camera to capture the moment.